- 1 Large aubergine
- 400 g Turkey or chicken breast minced
- 5 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 tablet of chicken stock
- a dash of drie white wine
- basil leaves
- 4 sliced of white cheese low in fat
- 4 sliced turkey ham
- olive oil
- 1/2 fresh chilli de seed and finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven Gas6, 400 F, 200 C
– Sliced the aubergine in lengthways not to thick, salt and let drain for 1/2 hour . Rinse them, pat them dry and brush it with olive oil on both sides and grill until light golden brown in a moderate heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and place the onion, cook for 4 mins. Add the garlic clove and chilli and cook for more 2 mins.
- Add the breast minced, stirring frequently with a wood spoon until browned all over. Stir in a chopped tomatoes a dash of white wine, basil leaves and cook for more 15 mins.
- Add the chicken stock tablet and season with salt, pepper to taste.
- Place a layer of aubergine, turkey ham and cheese, cover with the turkey minced mixture, and repeat the same process for 2 more times. Finishing with sliced of white cheese on the top.
- Cook in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad.