- 3 eggs, size 3
- 300 g white sugar
- 300 g plain flour, sifted
- 120 g cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 warm water
For the chocolate fudge topping
- 6 tbsp whole milk
- 100g plain dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter unsalted
- wild fruits
You will also need a loose-bottomed spring tin 8 in/20.5 cm.
Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 350F, 180C, 10 minutes before cooking.
- Grease the tin with margarine and pour some cocoa powder all around the tin.
- Place in a large bowl eggs, sugar, oil and mix well.
- Add the flour, yeast and cocoa powder in a sieve and sift it into the bowl, holding the sieve to give it a good airing as it goes down, add the warm water and beat all the ingredients together. If the mixture seems a title to stiff, add a little water and mix again.
- Pour the mix into a cake tin, and bake for about 35 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Removing from the oven and allow to become cold before removing from the tin.
- Meanwhile, melt the margarine small bowl over a pan of gently simmering water add the plain dark chocolate and stir until completely smooth, add the milk and mix well.
- With a help of screwer make some holes all over the cake .
- Spread the hot chocolate mixture over the top and sides and decorate with the wild fruits.