- 3 thick fillets of dogfish (skinned and cut in cubes) or monkfish
- juice of 1 lime and a half
- 1 red pepper cut in small cubes
- 1 green pepper cut in small cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tomatoes skinless and deseed
- 300 ml coconut milk
- handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh red or green chilli, chopped
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablet vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp palm oil (optional – azeite de dendê)
- Season the fish with a juice of the lime, salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole and cook the chopped onion for 2 minutes, add the garlic, green or red chilli and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Place in the green, red pepper , tomatoes and the vegetable tablet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish, coconut milk, coriander and season to taste. Cover the pan and cook in a low heat for 10 mins.
- Serve with boiled white rice