Truffles is always delicious and there isn’t nothing better then a home-made ones for Christmas presents…..
- 150g plain chocolate ( I used 70 per cent cocoa Lindt chocolate)
- 75 g milk chocolate (I used extra creamy milk Lindt chocolate)
- 150 ml doble cream
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of brandy (optional)
- Break 150g of plain chocolate into squares and place in a food processor. Process until granular.
- In a medium pan, place 150 ml of double cream, 25 g unsalted butter, 1 tbsp of brandy(optional) and bring to the boil.
- Add the chocolate to the creamy mixture and mix very well until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover with cling film and chill for several hours.
- Spoon into a small walnut-sized pieces and roll in your hands to form balls . Do not over handle as the heat will melt the truffles.
- Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet and carefully spoon 75 g melted chocolate milk over half the balls.
- Chill in the fridge until needed .
Cooks tip : melt the milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.