So tasted and so yummy, I love this recipe, you can make for special occasion or just as a treat to yourself, anyway…..every day is a special day……….quick and easy…..
- 12 fresh shelled King Prawns (shrimp), shelled, keep the tails and set apart the heads from the body
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 tbsp Brandy or Sherry
- 300 ml single cream
- 150 ml water
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinch of nutmeg
- fresh ground mis pepper ( green, white, red, Jamaican, etc.)
- Cook the shallot with 1 tbsp of butter for 2 minutes, add the head of prawns an sauté for further 3 minutes.
- Add paprika and Brandy or Sherry, mix well and cook for 2 minutes, add the water and bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently for 8 minutes, stirring well and strain all the sauce.
- In a sauce pan, reduce the single cream , add the sauce from the prawns head, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- In a bowl place half of the sauce mixture, add the egg yolk and whisk well . Return the sauce to the pan and gently cook for further few minutes, until smooth and creamy, whisking continually.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan, add the prawns, seasoning and stir well, cooking takes about 5 minutes, or until they are light pink and mix with the sauce.
- Serve the prawns over the toast with crispy salad.
p.s. This sauce is also great with pasta or boiled rice.