This pizza has a light crisp base, and the combination of tomato, basil and mozzarella….very …….yummy……and so…… Italian….capichi!!!!!
Ingredients for the dough
- 225 g strong plain white flour
- 10 g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
- 150 ml warm water
- 60 ml / 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Sift flour into a bowl, add salt, yeast and sugar, mix to a dough with warm water and olive oil.
- Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead it for about 5 minutes, or until smooth.
- Return the dough to a clean bowl and cover with oiled clear film and leave in a warm place until doubled size, for about 1 hour.
- Turn risen dough onto lightly floured surface and knead again for 5 minutes
- Roll onto to a 33 x 23 cm rectangular or to a 30 cm diameter, place on light greased baking sheet.
Ingredients for the topping
- 150 g tomato paste
- 2 – 3 large tomatoes
- 50 g can anchovies fillets
- 2 mozzarella cheese, sliced
- green or black olives
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
Preheat the oven to Gas 8 , 230˚C, 450˚F
- Bake the pizza base for 5 mins.
- Spread the tomato paste over the base and top with the sliced tomatoes, add some basil leaves. Season.
- Drain well the mozzarella balls with kitchen paper and slice. Arrange the cheese over the tomatoes.
- Drain well the anchovies fillets and arrange over the cheese and top with olives.
- Bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes or until the pizza is golden brown and crisp underneath.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes and serve with chilli olive oil (optional) and mix salad.
p.s. Don’t forget to have it with a very good red wine……in Spain one of my favourite is from Rioja region…….