- 350 g 9(oz) filet steak, cut into thin stripes about 5 mm (1/4 in) wide
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 to 3 tsp paprika, plus extra to garnish
- 150g (5oz) chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 150 ml (1/4pt) sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the frying pan until very hot. Toss the meat with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes until the meat is seared.
- Remove the meat to a plate.
- Add the rest of olive oil to the pan and, when hot, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until tinged brown at the edges.
- Add the garlic and paprika, stir well, then add the mushrooms and continue to cook until the mixture is fairly dry.
- Add most of the sour cream and, when bubbling, add a little extra paprika, then add the parsley.
- Serve with boiled rice or pasta.