20 cannelloni tubes or lasagne sheets
1 kg frozen spinach
100g canned tuna, drained and flaked
2 hard -boiled eggs finely chopped
1 onion chopped finely
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp papríka
1/2 vegetable stock cube
Parmesan cheese, finely grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300 ml milk
1 brown onion
50 g flour
50 g butter or margarine
1 tsp nutmeg
Preheat the oven to Gas 5, 375ºF, 190ºC, 10 min before baking the cannelloni.
To make the bechamel sauce
1. Place the milk in a saucepan. Peel 1 onion.
2. Place the onion into the milk with the peppercorns and bay leaves.
3. Heat gently to just bellow boiling point. Remove from heat, cover and leave to infuse for 30 min. Strain, reserving the milk.
4. Melt the butter or margarine in a small saucepan, stir in the flour, cook for 1 min. Remove from heat then gradually stir in the reserved milk.
5. Return pan to heat and cook, stiring, until the sauce thickens. Add salt and nutmeg to taste.
Tuna and spinach filling
1- Place the spinach in a glass baking dish. Cover with transparent film and make a few holes in the plastic for vents, and heat for five min in the microwave, or until cooked. Remove, strain all the liquids and reserve.
2- Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion until soft, add spinach, tuna, chopped boiled eggs. Seasoning with mustard, papríka, ½ cube vegetable stock, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Cook for more 2 min and reserve.
3- To cook the cannelloni, follow the instructions on the package.
4- Fill the cannelloni with the mixture and place them in an ovenproof dish.
5- Pour over the pasta and sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese.
6- Cook in the oven for 20-30 min until golden brown.
Serve with a green salad.