For the salad
- 100 g raw whole grain quinoa
- 300 ml water
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ red pepper, seeded
- ½ green pepper, seeded
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- ½ red onion , chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
For the dressing
- Rinse quinoa several times until water is transparent.
- Put the water in a saucepan, add 1 tsp of cumin powder, a bit of salt , quinoa, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover it and simmer for abound 10-15 ms, or until cooked. Remove from the heat, strain all the liquids and reserve.
- Meanwhile, cut the red and green pepper, cucumber and tomatoes into small cubes.
- Chopped the onions and fresh mint.
- Place all the ingredients in bowl, and the reserved quinoa.
- Whisk in the oil with juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat and chill before serving decorated with watercress.
Tip: to serve as main course, add a canned tuna drained and flake, or serve with a grilled turkey or chicken breast.